4974 Cochran St. Simi Valley, CA 93063
(805) 526-0136 / (818) 775-2921
1845 Oak Rd. Simi Valley, CA 93063
With the upcoming camp season approaching… you might be asking yourself why should I send my child to camp? Why camp vs. a sitter or family member?
Here is some food for thought –
If you have been to camp, you’re not surprised when you hear about the benefits of summer camp. Experiencing life at camp yourself, you know the deep positive effects that still matter to you as an adult, and you know that you want the same thing for your children.
But if you did not go to camp as a child, you may not realize just how good the experience is for children. You may not know why so many parents are committed to sending their kids to camp.
So here is a list of the TOP TEN MOST IMPORTANT REASONS TO SEND YOUR KIDS TO CAMP!
At camp, children:
10. Spend their day being physically active – children spend so much time these days inside and mostly sitting down, camp provides a wonderful opportunity to move. Running, swimming, playing, hiking, dancing, laughing! Camp is action!
9. Experience success and become more confident – Camp helps children build self-confidence and self-esteem by removing academic and social competition compared to school. With its non-competitive activities and diverse opportunities to succeed, camp life is a real boost for young people. There’s accomplishment every day. Camp teaches kids that they can!
8. Gain resiliency – The kind of encouragement and nurture kids receive at camp makes it a great environment to endure setbacks, try new (and thereby maybe a little frightening) things, and see that improvement comes when you give something another try. Camp helps conquer fears.
7. Unplug from technology – When kids take a break from TV, cell phones, and the Internet, they rediscover their creative powers and engage the real world— real people, real activities, and real emotions. They realize, there’s always plenty to do. Camp is real!
6. Develop life-long skills – Camp provides the right instruction, equipment and facilities for kids to enhance physical abilities, artistic talents, and adventure skills. The variety of activities offered at camp, makes it easy to discover and develop what they like to do. Camp expands a child’s abilities.
5. Grow more independent – Camp is the perfect place for kids to practice making decisions for themselves without adults guiding every move. Managing their daily choices in the safe, caring environment of camp, children welcome this as a freedom to blossom in new directions. Camp helps kids develop who they are.
4. Have free time for unstructured play – Free from the overly-structured, overly-scheduled routines of home and school, life at camp gives children free time to just play. Camp is a slice of carefree living where kids can relax, laugh, and be silly all day long. At camp we play!
3. Learn social skills – Coming to camp means joining a close-knit community where everyone must agree to cooperate and respect each other. When they work with others in their group, kids share tasks, solve puzzles, and see firsthand the importance of communication and cooperation. Camp builds teamwork.
2. Reconnect with nature – Camp is a wonderful antidote to “nature deficit disorder,” to the narrow experience of modern indoor life. Outdoor experience enriches kid’s perception of the world and supports healthy child development. Camp gets kids back outside.
1. Make true friends – Camp is the place where kids can make their very best friends. Free from the social expectations pressuring them at school, camp encourages kids to relax and make friends easier – activities in which you are encouraged to not take yourself so seriously. Watching the staff who leads you – all dressed up and saying that it is safe to be silly. All the fun at camp draws everyone together— singing, laughing, talking, playing, doing almost everything together. Everyday, camp creates friendships.
See? Camp is great.
The Phoenix Ranch tradition is based on bringing the magic and adventure of a traditional resident camp into our urban setting! The power of creativity and outdoor play is the foundation of our programming. We want our campers to unplug and go back to the basics – getting out and getting dirty! Each week filled with exciting themes and unique programs for campers to try new things and make incredible friendships that will last beyond the summer session.
Campers from 1st – 6th* grade *(6th grade campers may attend Ranch Camp or Teen Camp)
We have amazing weekly themes designed to create a magical fun feeling throughout the camp. The weekly themes are reflected in related activities and dress-up days. Daily, campers will participate in an array of fun and exciting activities that are a blend of active and passive play. We offer a progressive program designed to thrill and challenge the campers throughout the summer.
Ranch Camp is all about:
Daily Camp Activities Include
● Nature Lore ● Arts and Crafts
● Archery ● Swimming
● Sports ● Outdoor Cooking
● Go Karts ● Game Room: Xbox Kinnect, Wii
● Kaleidoscope Camper Counselor Time
Ranch Camp Sample Day (Campers can attend any day)
8:30 Check in and group welcome games
9:00 Opening Ceremonies
9:30 Morning Workshops (nature, crafts, sports, more)
11:30 Prepare for lunch and lunch time
12:30 Afternoon Activities (swimming, go carts, game room, archery, and more.
2:30 Closing Ceremonies, Stunt, or Special Event